The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 7 years on the market, we have grown to more than 220 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Around 1.100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for a Cloud Solution Engineer (m/f/d) for our Technology Department. In this position, you will work together with developers to migrate our current infrastructure to AWS
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams of application developers, site reliability engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Work with application teams to move existing applications to AWS through lift-and-Shift and refactoring migration strategies
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers.
What you must have:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, ECS, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, NAT Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDb, highly desirable
- Prior experience using automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Cloudformation) desired
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Gitlab)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies is a plus
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Good communication skills, very fluent English
What we appreciate:
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
- Open-minded people, willing to learn new topics, new programming languages, and gather new skills
- Willingness to work across functions to get the job done
- Proud to show your github.com (or similar) account
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- The possibility of building something new, in a data driven and ambitious team
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences)
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.