The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 7 years on the market, we have grown to more than 220 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Around 1.100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an Engineering Manager (m/f/d). In this position, you will be responsible for organizing the development activities of a dedicated team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Establishing and executing a technological vision for your team in collaboration with your team, business stakeholders and the CTO
- Building and leading a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Advocating and advancing modern, agile software development practices and helping to develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Scheduling estimation, planning and daily meetings to track progress, problems, plans
You come with:
- Several years of experience with PHP, OOP, Zend, Yii, Symfony or other MVC Frameworks
- Technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must
- Experience in leading more than one team
- Good knowledge of MySQL, nginx, RabbitMQ and AWS
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- A great opportunity to grow as a technical leader and people manager
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth eCommerce company
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.