The Westwing mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 European countries. In only 7 years on the market, we have grown to more than 220 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a Junior Buyer (m/f/d) to join our buying team across various categories in Private Label. We are looking for candidates who are creative and at the same time have a very good sense for product economics, that are detail-orientated and just as motivated as we are in developing amazing products and bringing them closer to our customers. By managing your own projects, you will be given the chance to prove your business brain and actively contribute to the success of Westwing.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working very closely with the category lead buyer
- Sole responsibility over selected international supplier accounts and product categories
- Product development and negotiation of prices and any additional terms
- Conduct in-depth analysis into product performances of A-categories; suggest and implement improvements
- Liaise closely with other internal functions such as supply chain, sales and marketing and other category managers
- Become a peer to Assistant Buyers
You come with:
- 2 years of experience in buying or a related field, with direct factory sourcing experience preferred
- Strong analytical mind, excellent communication skills, hands-on mentality
- Ability to work independently in a structured manner
- Strong academic credentials
- Fluency in English, additional language skills are a plus
- To be part of the Westwing success and experience how products come to life
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- A steep personal development path, learning from and working with our high-caliber leadership team with further career opportunities
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth e-commerce company
- A fun work environment with our furry dog colleagues
Interested? Looking forward to your full application (CV, cover letter, work & education references) under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.