The Westwing mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 European countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a (Junior) Buyer Textiles (m/f/d) to join our buying team for the rugs category in Private Label. We are looking for candidates who are creative and at the same time have a very good sense for product economics, who are detail-orientated and just as motivated as we are in developing amazing products and bringing them closer to our customers. By managing your own projects, you will be given the chance to prove your business brain and actively contribute to the success of Westwing.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing the rugs category, have full responsibility over the portfolio development and lead strategic initiatives
- Successfully driving individual, departmental and total business goals such as sales, profit and share performances
- Effectively managing quality improvements together with the quality management team
- Working closely with Global Buying Manager on overall category strategy
- Maintaining excellent supplier relationships and managing high priority projects
- Driving efficiency improvements within internal and external processes
- Managing the product development process and negotiating competitive conditions
- Liaising closely with other internal functions such as sales, supply chain, quality and demand and inventory
You come with:
- 3-5 years of experience in buying with direct factory sourcing experience preferred
- Profound knowledge in rugs and textiles, ideally with a textile degree
- Very good negotiation skills
- Strong analytical mind, excellent communication skills, hands-on mentality
- Ability to work independently in a structured manner
- Strong academic credentials
- Fluency in English, additional language skills are a plus
- To be part of the Westwing success and experience how products come to life
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- A steep personal development path, learning from and working with our high-caliber leadership team with further career opportunities
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth e-commerce company
- A fun work environment with our furry dog colleagues
Contact Person: Carolin Börger
Interested? Looking forward to your full application (CV, cover letter, work & education references) under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.