The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
To pursue and support our ambitious growth strategy, tell the unique story of Westwing and creatively position our brand, we are looking for a PR Director DACH (m/f/d) for the DACH region located in our Munich Headquarter. In this position, you will shape our brand image by developing and implementing a PR strategy for the German market in close collaboration with our Global PR Director to proactively and creatively communicate the Westwing messages across all channels.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Identify and amplify the unique storytelling opportunities for Westwing to maximize buzz, coverage media and build a love brand
- Develop innovative ideas and a creative PR strategy to promote Westwing via high-level feature stories, interviews, broadcast segments, and product placement, through top tier print, digital and broadcast media in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate a strong network with media, taste makers, opinion leaders and brands in the lifestyle/design and media industry via creative and innovative PR events and press trips
- Develop a seasonal marketing communication plan in direct collaboration with the Global PR Director and in close exchange with other marketing departments, including: strategy, goals, topics, budget and tactics
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a weekly and quarterly basis
- Evaluate and execute opportunities for partnerships and cooperations on an on-going basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
You come with:
- 5+ years in-house or agency work experience in global Lifestyle PR (Interior, Fashion, Beauty, Jewelry) or Media with broad experience across a range of communications disciplines
- A strong network in the local and international media landscape as well as lifestyle and design industry
- A creative thinking, problem-solving, team-player mind-set, hands-on attitude and a passion for and clear understanding of the Westwing brand
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in designing and developing strategic PR strategies including measuring and reporting
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with sensitive issues and work under pressure
- Fluency in English and German
- Make your own home a beautiful home: You love interior? So do we! With up to 40% employee discount, you can make your home even more beautiful
- We subsidize the means of transport of your choice: Whether MVG Isarcard, Swapfiets or JobRad - we make sure that you are mobile
- Your work-life balance is important to us: With us, you get offered a discounted gym membership, in-house yoga classes or health coaching
- With us you are always taken care of: We offer snack vending machines in the office, our snack man or free drinks such as coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, prosecco or beer
- Balancing family and work? That's no problem. With our own daycare "Westwing Wichtel" we ensure short distances between office and childcare
Contact Person: Theresa Kneißle
Requisition number: 2513
Interested? We’re looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.