The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior Android Developer (m/f/d) to join our tech department. In this position, you will be crafting and maintaining world-class Android experiences in a team of highly skilled mobile developers.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Build and extend fast, easy-to-use, beautiful applications for Android phones and tablets in a clean and maintainable way
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Westwing experience for the Android platform
- Work effectively in an agile product development and managing the complete mobile development cycle including testing, integration as well as publishing and maintenance of mobile apps
- Contribute to the performance and reliability of our top-rated Android apps running in 11 countries
You come with:
- Experience with building complex applications, based on solid, modular architecture to allow for rapid feature iteration
- Thorough understanding of the full mobile development life cycle from specification, over implementation, testing, continuous integration and deployment to the Play Store
- Strong programming skills in Kotlin & Java (we are Kotlin-first).
- Experience with clean architecture (MVI, MVVM or MVP), reactive programming (RxJava), Android architecture components, unit and instrumentation testing
- Passion for quality and knowing what it means to ship high quality code
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Fluency in English, other languages would be an asset
- Experience with ARCore or other Augmented Reality frameworks preferred
- Experience with Android 3D graphics (e.g. OpenGL ES, Sceneform, Filament) and shader programming is a plus
- Personal responsibility and space for your own ideas
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development with high impact in a nice environment (e.g. focus weeks, pair programming, code reviews)
- Work in a motivated team of experienced mobile developers.
- Opportunity to work with the latest technology and access to a test device farm
- Professionally equipped workstation (Mac, screens, peripherals, etc) of your personal choice
Location: Munich, Berlin, remote in Germany / Poland / Italy or Spain
Contact Person: Sabrina Zdunek
Requisition Number: 2261