The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer (m/f/d) to join our tech department.
In this position, you will work on developing the Westwing warehouse management system. The application is currently used in 6 of our warehouses spread across 5 countries (Germany, France, Poland, Spain, and Italy). It manages all the processes in the warehouse, starting from the inbound of the items, going through the whole lifecycle of an inventory item, packaging it, and delivering it to the customer as well as the tracking of the shipments and the returns.
Core technologies used in the application:
PHP 7, React, jQuery, MySQL, Docker, RabbitMQ, RESTful APIs, Memcached, AWS, Kubernetes, git, Jenkins/GitLab CI
Your responsibilities will be:
- Developing robust backend and frontend logic of a warehouse management system
- Developing communication with other internal systems using APIs and message queues
- Introducing reusable frontend components for the systems that our team develops
- Developing new frontend features, pages, and views using the React framework
- Sharing good frontend practices with more backend-oriented developers in the team
- Profiling and debugging frontend and backend performance using industry-leading tools (e.g. NewRelic, Blackfire)
- Developing high-quality code ensuring best practices, patterns, and coding standards
You come with:
- Good knowledge of backend technologies such as MySQL, Memcached/Redis, Docker, etc.
- Nice to have: knowledge of RabbitMQ
- Experience in unit & functional testing
- Experience in designing and implementing API communication between systems
- Ability to work in an English-speaking team
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- The possibility of building something new, in a data-driven and ambitious team
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences)
- A remote-first setup. The company has transitioned to a remote work setup and plan to keep it as the main working mode. You are free to visit the office if you like, but you don’t have to if you don’t! All the processes are set up in a way that enables efficient remote work you will not feel missing out if you are working remotely. Remote work is possible in Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain only.
- A great atmosphere. Friday parties, team events, and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out. At the moment most of the activities are remote due to the restrictions but we’ll also add offline activities once the world is sane again.
Location: Munich or Remote in Germany, Spain, Italy, or Poland.
Contact Person: Andrea Galantucci
Requisition Number: 2113
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.