As Senior Node.js Developer (m/f/d) you will be working in a cross functional team to develop, maintain and operate APIs and microservices used by mobile apps. Furthermore you will optimize our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies, you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members. The team consists of Software Engineers, a Project Manager and a TechLead and it is managed by an Engineering Manager. This position is unlimited.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- building and architecting applications with a focus on performance. Every millisecond counts
- building a scalable and highly available service with all the 9s
- ensuring your service is well tested, architected, meets our coding standards and has proper logging, monitoring and alerting
- providing value to the business with the code you produce
- taking full ownership of the software the team produces
YOU COME WITH
- at least 4 years of experience with Node.js. You know the tools, you know the architecture and you love building great APIs
- significant experience with Messaging solutions such as RabbitMQ and data stores such as Redis or Memcached
- you have experience with Docker, Typescript, Gitlab or related CI/CD Pipelines
- passion for shipping. Trunk Based Development is a plus. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given
- strong architecture skills – both code and infrastructure. Acronyms like SOLID and DDD make you excited
- strong problem-solving skills, clear communication and proactive attitude in suggesting solutions and improvements.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- a truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy countless opportunities to grow your career and shape your professional future
- an open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation
- centrally located and dog-friendly offices with free beverages and fruits, cafeteria with different lunch options, diverse sports and health offerings and regular team and afterwork events
- up to 40% employee discount, company pension scheme, discounted mobility options (e.g. public transport, JobRad, Swapfiets) and company daycare “Westwing Wichtel”
- state-of-the-art tech infrastructure running on AWS and Kubernetes, professionally equipped workstation (Mac, screens, peripherals, etc) of your personal choice and yearly training budget for every tech team member
What are you waiting for? Apply via our online form. We are looking forward to your application including your possible starting date. If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact Ana Carballo.
Please note that we don’t accept Email-Applications!
Diversity is deeply rooted in the Westwing culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.
Being part of Westwing means working in an inspiring and diverse environment that enables you to grow. Our more than 2,300 international team members connect creativity and style with state-of-the-art technology and strong business fundamentals. Westwing is the European leader in inspiration-based Home and Living eCommerce with EUR 433m of revenue in 2020 across 11 countries. Our mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. Through our 'shoppable magazine', we inspire our loyal Home Enthusiast customers with a curated product selection and combine it with gorgeous content. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Munich.