The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) to join our Checkout and payments team. You will work together with more than 100 talented engineers designing, developing and maintaining complex web application and services for our eCommerce platform. Besides PHP, we run services using NodeJS, GO, Scala.
What we do:
- In the checkout and payments team there is a broad variety of projects we work on. The team is responsible for the journey of a customer's order from adding a product to the cart and till the support period expires. We’ve built and now maintain a custom payment system to offer payment by invoice. This application is implemented using CQRS/Event sourcing patterns to be able to keep track of changes of orders and always be able to see the state of order in a given moment in time.
- We’ve built and support an application responsible for fraud detection. The scoring algorithms are easy to set up using a visual configurator. Both mentioned applications are deployed to westwing-maintained K8s cluster and the team is responsible for delivering new version to production.
- We write software mainly using PHP as a backend language and Typescript for nodejs and Frontend apps. We use Symfony Framework, express.js for backend and React for customer facing frontend applications. For internal back-office apps we use Angular
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you.
- At Westwing we invest a lot into every engineer, and we help growing and improving skills for further career development.
- We face a lot of challenges on daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
- Furthermore, you will optimize our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
- PHP7+, Symfony, Zend Framework, Yii framework
- Event Sourcing, CQRS
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHPCS, PHP Stan
- Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines
- API (REST, JSON)
- HTML5, SASS, JS, ES6+, Typescript
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcache
- Git (GitLab)
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords described above
- Ability to convert your ideal solution for given problem into the PHP code covered with enough number of tests and put inside the docker image
- Several years of experience in development with PHP OOP (Zend Framework/Yii/Symfony experience is a plus)
- Experience with MySQL
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structure
Contact Person: Markus Winkler
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.