The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Shop Frontend/ Full Stack Developer (m/f/d). In this position, you will work in a cross-functional team of software engineers building web applications with a focus on performance, high availability and maintainability.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working in a cross-functional team building and architecting applications with a focus on performance. Every millisecond counts
- Building a scalable and highly available service with all the 9s
- Delivering the top quality UX and visuals of the application you build
- Ensuring your service is well tested, architected, meets our coding standards and has proper logging, monitoring and alerting
- Check out our website, WestwingNow.de, to find out more about our product
You come with:
- Passion for shipping. Trunk Based Development is a plus. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given
- Best tool for the job mentality. You are not a zealot and truly believe in the best tool for the job approach. You aren’t afraid to try something new and introduce new tech and concepts
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable working with any colleague from any area. You are comfortable defending your ideas or challenging others. People like to work with you.
- React expertise. Typescript is a plus
- Performance is a feature, not an afterthought. You are comfortable with the ins and outs and capable of squeezing every millisecond of performance out of the browser or would like to work within this mentality
- Architecture is something that you are passionate about– both code and infrastructure
- A cutting-edge tech stack. React, Redux, Typescript, Styled Components on the frontend of an isomorphic/universal application with microfrontend architecture
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self
- A great atmosphere. Friday parties, team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out. At the moment most of the activities are remote due to the restrictions but we’ll also add offline activities once the world is sane again
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program that allows you to switch to open positions in other teams
- If you are an expert you’ll find brilliant colleagues who are constantly pushing the limits of the technologies we use and challenging tasks
- If you are looking to improve your skills, learn advanced software engineering practices and grow professionally you’ll find a lot of people eager to share their knowledge with you and see how we apply and use routinely the things many other people just talk about in conferences
Location: Munich or Remote in Germany, Spain, Italy or Poland
Contact Person: Andrea Galantucci
Requisition Number: 2010
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation