The Westwing mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900.000 customers in 11 European countries. In only 7 years on the market, we have grown to more than 220 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Around 1.100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Tech Lead Node/React (m/f/d). In this position you will manage a cross-functional team of developers architecting, developing, deploying and operating APIs in Node.js and frontend applications in React.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing a cross functional team building an isomorphic application and a BFF to support it
- Building a scalable and highly available service with a wonderful user experience
- Ensuring your service is well tested, architected, meets our coding standards and has proper logging, monitoring and alerting
- Setting up processes and methodologies optimized for shipping code
- Mentoring developers from various disciplines and ensuring their constant professional growth
You come with:
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Passion for shipping. Trunk Based Development is a plus. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given.
- Architecture skills – both code and infrastructure. Acronyms like SOLID and DDD make you excited. People know you as that person who is always talking about “Decoupling”, “Onions” and “Hexagons”.
- Best tool for the job mentality. You are not a zealot and truly believe in a best tool for the job approach. You aren’t afraid to try something new and introduce new tech and concepts.
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable working with any colleague from any area. You are comfortable defending your ideas or challenging others. People like to work with you.
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Friday parties, team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- Choose your work equipment and tools. Are you a Mac? Great. A PC? Fine with us. Choose the computer, accessories, editors and tools which make you the most comfortable.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.