As a Business Intelligence & Automation Engineer in our Operations & Sourcing Team, you will play a vital role in driving data insights and engineering solutions to optimize our supply chain operations. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain data pipelines, databases, and business intelligence tools. By leveraging your technical expertise and analytical skills, you will empower the team to make data-driven decisions, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the overall success of our supply chain processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- develop and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes to gather, integrate, and transform data from various sources, ensuring data quality, accuracy, and reliability
- collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements, translate them into technical specifications, and implement data models and solutions that address the needs of the Supply Chain Team
- optimize databases, data warehouses, and data marts to support efficient and scalable data storage and retrieval for reporting and analysis purposes
- build interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) to monitor performance & key supply chain metrics, and enable decision-making by the leadership
- perform data analysis to uncover patterns, trends, and correlations that drive actionable insights and support decision-making processes
- automate & improve the efficiency of our supply chain processes through extensive use of python and similar technologies
- stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in the field of business intelligence, data engineering, and supply chain management
YOU COME WITH
- bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Business Intelligence or Data Engineer, preferably within the e-commerce or supply chain domain
- strong knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases (e.g., MySQL), data warehousing (experience with Snowflake), and ETL processes
- proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R is a strong plus
- hands-on experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) to create interactive dashboards and reports
- experience with version control systems like Git and CI/CD pipeline management
- excellent problem-solving skills and ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies and stay updated with industry trends
Aside from our awesome team and shared purpose we offer a variety of additional benefits. Come work with us and get:
- an inspiring, international, informal and nonpolitical environment for you to take ownership and grow your career
- a unique culture based on trust, support, and collaboration where we foster open communication with our Company All-Hands, regular Q&A sessions
- flexible working mode
- a competitive compensation package including benefits (private health care, sports card and life insurance)
- a beautiful, centrally located and dog-friendly office with free beverages, cafeteria with different lunch options, open spaces and sunny terrace
- 40% discount for Westwing Collection in our shop, 25% discount for all third-party brands, 10% family & friends voucher, Westwing Vouchers for special occasions
- regular company and team events
Westwing is Europe‘s No.1 in Beautiful Living e-Commerce with a team of 1,900 in four offices across Europe. We’re on a mission to excite people to create homes that unlock the full beauty of life.
We work together at a fast pace in an inspiring, international and informal environment that enables you to grow your career while working with a brand and products our customers love. We’re made up of passionate people who are creative enough to disrupt the status quo, brave enough to fail and smart enough to win. So come, be part of the “wow, you work at Westwing?” crowd.