As Intern Buying for our Westwing Collection, you will support on a variety of procurement related tasks for the private label decorative accessories team. Your responsibilities include assisting with purchasing, product development, inbound tracking, launches, and on-site production, while providing strong administrative support across our different internal systems. You will work closely with our vendors and sourcing partners and gain hands-on experience and exposure to the entire product development cycle. This position is limited to 6 months and located in Munich.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- provide key support to the buying team on daily product development and sourcing tasks, including international supplier communication, cross-checking of quotes, margin calculations and analysis, sample evaluations, and preparations for order placement
- keep clear and detailed project records and ensure product information is up-to-date, accurate, and available to all stakeholders, including Quality, Creative, Category Management, and Supply Chain Management teams
- support with new product launches, coordinating SKU creation and photo shooting
- prepare and update purchase orders and monitor production progress and inbound shipments
YOU COME WITH
- motivation and strong interest in product development within the home and living industry
- excellent analytical, commercial, and problem-solving skills, with a “hands-on” attitude and great attention to detail
- a proactive, goal-oriented, and open-minded working style and an interest in learning and developing
- strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- creativity, sense for trends, and a passion for interiors and customer needs
- clear and confident communication skills in spoken and written English; German or other languages is helpful but not required
Aside from our awesome team and shared purpose we offer a variety of additional benefits. Come work with us and get:
- an inspiring, international, informal and nonpolitical environment for you to take ownership and grow your career
- a unique culture based on trust, support, and collaboration where we foster open communication with our biweekly Company All-Hands, feedback channels like Officevibe and regular Q&A sessions
- flexible working mode: roughly 60% remote, 40% in-office working policy, read more here
- up to 4 weeks temporary work-from-anywhere per year
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- a beautiful, centrally located and dog-friendly office with free beverages, cafeteria with different lunch options, open spaces and sunny terrace
- 40% off Westwing Collection in our shop, 25% off all third-party brands, 10% family & friends voucher, Westwing Vouchers for special occasions
- regular and legendary company and team events like Movie Nights, Oktoberfest, Summer Parties, and more
- health and wellbeing offerings including gym membership, mental health support and coaching, vaccinations, skin checkups and more
- discounted green mobility options with public transport, JobRad or Swapfiets
- company daycare “Westwing Wichtel” next to our HQ office and cooperation with Elly & Stoffl, a multilingual daycare with several locations in Munich
- subsidized company pension scheme
- “Social Impact Day” p.a. to use for doing good for environment and/or society
Westwing is Europe‘s No.1 in Beautiful Living e-Commerce with a team of 1,900 in four offices across Europe. We’re on a mission to excite people to create homes that unlock the full beauty of life. We work together at a fast pace in an inspiring, international and informal environment that enables you to grow your career while working with a brand and products our customers love.
We’re made up of passionate people who are creative enough to disrupt the status quo, brave enough to fail and smart enough to win. So come, be part of the “wow, you work at Westwing?” crowd.
Diversity is deeply rooted in our culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.