As Junior Business Development Manager you will identify and implement key improvement initiatives across Westwing Shop. This includes setting up processes from scratch, leading cross-functional projects to redefine the status quo as well as deriving insights from KPIs with operational implications. This high-impact role offers a steep development path, where you will take on responsibility from day one. You will work closely with our Executives and senior management, as well as a highly talented, dynamic and diverse team. This position is unlimited and located in Munich.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- own the end-to-end planning and implementation of strategic cross-functional projects within the Shop Sales Team
- develop and manage relationships with different stakeholders across departments, business models and countries
- conduct data analyses, KPI deep dives and industry benchmarks to generate strategic insights and translate them into concrete actions and projects
- drive the continuous improvement of the status quo, e.g., by optimizing core processes across departments
- own the development of new tools to support all Shop Sales Teams: Category Management, Onsite Merchandizing, Special Sales and Pricing
- work closely with the Shop Sales Leadership Team
YOU COME WITH
- Bachelor’s degree plus initial work experience in a top consulting firm, investment bank or in the business development function of a leading eCommerce company
- very strong analytical and problem-solving skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data, combined with a pragmatic, “hands-on” attitude and a focus on results
- team-oriented and collaborative approach to work and a passion about making an impact
- proven project management success: talent to prioritize and simultaneously process multiple tasks whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- ability to clearly communicate compelling messages making you a great discussion partner
- excellent communication skills in English
Aside from our awesome team and shared purpose we offer a variety of additional benefits. Come work with us and get:
- an inspiring, international, informal and nonpolitical environment for you to take ownership and grow your career
- a unique culture based on trust, support, and collaboration where we foster open communication with our biweekly Company All-Hands, feedback channels like Officevibe and regular Q&A sessions
- flexible working mode: roughly 60% remote, 40% in-office working policy, read more here
- up to 4 weeks temporary work-from-anywhere per year
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- a beautiful, centrally located and dog-friendly office with free beverages, cafeteria with different lunch options, open spaces and sunny terrace
- 40% off Westwing Collection in our shop, 25% off all third-party brands, 10% family & friends voucher, Westwing Vouchers for special occasions
- regular and legendary company and team events like Movie Nights, Oktoberfest, Summer Parties, and more
- health and wellbeing offerings including gym membership, mental health support and coaching, vaccinations, skin checkups and more
- discounted green mobility options with public transport, JobRad or Swapfiets
- company daycare “Westwing Wichtel” next to our HQ office and cooperation with Elly & Stoffl, a multilingual daycare with several locations in Munich
- subsidized company pension scheme
- “Social Impact Day” p.a. to use for doing good for environment and/or society
Westwing is Europe‘s No.1 in Beautiful Living e-Commerce with a team of 1,900 in four offices across Europe. We’re on a mission to excite people to create homes that unlock the full beauty of life. We work together at a fast pace in an inspiring, international and informal environment that enables you to grow your career while working with a brand and products our customers love.
We’re made up of passionate people who are creative enough to disrupt the status quo, brave enough to fail and smart enough to win. So come, be part of the “wow, you work at Westwing?” crowd.
Diversity is deeply rooted in our culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.